Grant of Petroleum Mining Lease:
After carrying out successful exploration activity, explorer is required to submit an application to the State Government for the grant of mining lease. The application should be addressed to the Directorate of Geology & Mining, Assam in the prescribed format along with all original challans for the grant of PML with a copy to Addl. Chief Secretary to the Govt. of Assam, Mines & Minerals Department.
The PML application must contain following information/documents:
- Map at the scale of 1:50,000 showing the area under PEL converted to ML along with the latitudes and longitudes of the corner points. The map should depict the District, Taluka and Village boundaries in respect of the area applied.
- The names of the villages along with the survey numbers falling in the area applied should be submitted.
- For meeting preliminary expenses an amount of Rs.1,20, 000/- to be deposited.
- Application fees amounting to Rs.2,00,000/- to be deposited.
- Security deposit amounting to Rs.8,00,000/- to be deposited.
- Environmental Clearance.
- Clearance from Environment & Forest and Climate change Department Govt. of India in case the lease falls under Forest area.
- The three number of copies of application in the prescribed format should be marked in the following order (1) Secretary MoPNG, Government of India, (2) The Director, Directorate of Petroleum (DoP), Government of India (3) The District Collectors, concerned districts.