RC of Non-Transport Vehicle



Every registration certificate is required to be renewed not more than 60 days before the date of its expiry of the registration for its continuous use. After going through the procedure your vehicle Registration Certificate will be renewed for a period of 5 (Five) years.

Process Flow:

Apply in Form 20 to the Registering Authority or the Dealer recognised by the Transport Commissioner with required documents/forms duly filly.

Guidelines for filling the form:

Step 1: Apply for renewal of certificate of registration in Form 25 to the Registering Authority in whose jurisdiction the vehicle is, not more than 60 days before the date of its expiry.

Step 2: Pay the due taxes on vehicle, if any.

Step 3: Pay appropriate fee as specified in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989.


Click Here to know about Fees and Taxes.

Documents Required:

  • Application in Form 25
  • Pollution under control certificate
  • Registration of Certificate
  • Insurance certificate
  • Proof for the payment of up-to-date road tax paid
  • Chassis & Engine Pencil Print
  • The Vehicle will have to be produce at the District Transport Office for on the spot inspection by competent authority.

Forms to be Filled:

Form 25

Form 20

Type of Service:

Offline Service

Whom to Contact:

For any queries regarding Temporary Registration, you may contact:

District Transport Office

Validity From
Validity To
Content Left Icon
general services