"Boneej" a special scheme to assist the rural industries of the state and it was announced by the Hon'ble Finance Minister's in his Budget speech on 26th July, 2016.
Objective of the scheme:
The basic objective of the scheme is to provide special grant for rural industrial enterprises in traditional and micro sector in Assam.
Area of Implementation:
All district excluding those within the jurisdiction Karbi- AnglongAutonomous District Council, NC Hills Autonomous District Council and Bodoland Territorial Autonomous Districts would be covered.
Rural Industries in Assam:
Assam has the following rural industries, viz:
- Brass metal
- Bell meta
- Cane & Bamboo product
- Jute Craft
- Water Hyacinth
- Gold and Silver smith (Jewellery)
- Pottery / Terracotta
- Black smithy
- Wood carving
- Fire works
- Musical Instruments
- Wood carving
- Decorative wax base candle.
- Bag making, Folder making.
- Decorative Candles
- Food products like Bakery, Papad, Noddles , traditional food, Chutney, fruit juice, etc
- Bamboo incense stick
- Dhup /Agarbati
Quantum of Grant:
It is proposed to provide Rs. 25000.00 (RupeesTwentyFivethousand) as a grant to the industries located in Rural areas only where the annual turnover is less than Rs.5 lakh. The amount of grant shall be utilized by the units for procurement of machinery /raw materials, as the case may be.
Following are the criteria should fulfil by the industry to avail the grant, viz:
- The industry should be located in a rural area of Assam.
- This industry should be an existing one and having continuous operation for minimum of last two years.
- The unit should have its own work shed for production and process.
- Age of the applicant should not be less than 18 years and more than maximum of 50 years.
- There is no bar of educational qualification.
- The unit should have avail term loan/working capital loan to the extend to minimum of one lakh