Youth Welfare Activities
• National Services Scheme (NSS)
• Bharat Scouts & Guides (BSG)
• National Cadet Crops (NCC)
• Nehru Yuvak Kendra (NYK)
• SLAC (State Level Advisory Committee for Students & Youth Welfare, Assam)
NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
“Personality development of the Students through Community Service”.
The NSS Volunteers undertake:
• Regular Activities- 120 hours per year for two years and
• Special Camping Programme- 7 days duration conducting social development
NSS attempts a linkage between:
• University and Society
• Campus and Community
• College and Village
NEHRU YUVAK KENDRA (NYK)
Rural Youth, mainly non-students participating Programmes relating to Community development, integration etc.
Undertakes Activities e.g.
• Blood Donation
• Swacch Bharat
STATE LEVEL ADVISORY COMMITTEE (SLAC) FOR STUDENTS & YOUTH WELFARE, ASSAM
The State Level Advisory Committee for Students and Youth Welfare, Assam (SLAC) was constituted in the year 1994 vide Govt. Notification No. SYW.10/94/3 dated 1st Feb. 1994. The 1st Member Secretary State Level Advisory Committee Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma.
The SLAC functions under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Chief Minister, Assam. The Member-Secretary of State Level Advisory Committee (SLAC) is appointed by the Govt. and others Members are nominated by the Govt.