A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens. It becomes necessary to obtain a Birth Certificate because it serves to establish the date and fact of one’s birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools and to the Government Service, claiming the right to marry at the legally permissible age, settlement of inheritance and property rights, and obtaining Government-issued identity documents like a driving licence or passport.
Guidelines for filling up the form:
• A birth has to be registered within 21 days of its occurrence.
• In the event of a failure to register a birth within the stipulated period of 21 days, one has to obtain a non-objection certificate (NOC), which is issued when a Birth Certificate has not been obtained for more than one year after the birth.
• The applicant can apply for the certificate at the receipt counter of the Public Facilitation Centre, Deputy Commissioner's Office.
• The operator accepts the application and gives a computer-generated receipt of the application.
• A printout of the certificate is taken, based on the data from the application.
• The certificate, along with the document, is sent to the concerned officer, and upon approval of the officer through a signature, the certificate is sent back to the receipt counter to be issued to the applicant.
Make sure you have all the necessary documents that are listed under the "Required Documents" section and approach the Directorate of Health Service and make the application appropriately.
Every Birth is to be reported and registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence in the prescribed reporting forms.
Accompanying Documents required including:
a) Scan copy of application form
b) Certificate of birth issued from Hospital / Nursing home(Mandatory)
c) Goanburah certificate (Mandatory)
d) Goanburah certificate (Mandatory)
e) Any other document
a) Due date for submission:Within 21 Days from the date of birth
b) Time for processing (approximate):10 days
How to apply?
a) To apply Offline, visit your nearest Public Facilitation Centre
b) Click here to apply Online.
Form(s) to be filled:
Application for Birth Certificate